Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Ladybug Strikes Again!

I dropped my earring in the closet this week, and I spent an entire evening pulling apart the closet looking for it.  I recruited Craig to come help me shake out all our shoes, in case it had fallen inside one.  So we are flipping over each shoe, one by one, when Craig upends one of his boots and here's what comes spilling out:


I would like to draw your particular attention to Atticus' toothbrush at the top of the picture, which we had been missing for about a week, and for which we had searched high and low.  

Also, this weather has been amazing!!  Here are a few sweet pictures from last weekend, of the Doodle helping his little sister learn to fly a kite:



Isn't that adorable?  

I really can't believe how big he is getting.  The kids both got letters this week from their beloved nanny from this summer, and after dinner we mentioned to the kids that we could write back to her soon.

The next thing I know, Atticus is yelling "I have everything ready!"  He had pulled out all of our note cards, paper, envelopes, and pens and assembled them on the coffee table.  He had already started writing, but asked me to write the rest of the letter as he dictated it to me (which is fun to do because it is always so hilarious).  He put the card in the envelope and licked it himself.  After I let him put on the stamp, he asked if he could take it to the mailbox himself while I waited on the front porch.  He was madly excited about the entire process.

No comments:

Post a Comment