Saturday, July 2, 2011

Happy Birthday Doodlebug!

The Doodlebug turned three years old this past week. His birthday party was today. We had some family and a few friends over, and it was a lot of fun. This year he knew what a birthday party was all about, so he had opinions on who we should invite and what we should do, which was fun.

Here is a flashback photo of the Doodle on his first birthday:



And today:



I can't believe how big my sweet boy is getting. He is still so funny and smart and polite. He really looks after Franny and talks to her like a little parent. Today at his party, someone told him to come eat, and he said, "I need to clean up first, but I'll join you in a minute." I have no idea where he gets some of the things he says, but it is hilarious. I didn't get many birthday pictures, but my mom did so I'll try to post them soon.

In other news, Franny-girl is growing up like crazy. I came home from work the other day and she ran out to meet me wearing this:



She loooves these boots. She also gets up in the morning and puts them on with her pajamas while she's still half-asleep and bleary-eyed.



She's starting to talk more and more. Just in the past few days, she's transitioned to putting two words together more often than just using single words.



I walk in the door and kick off my dress shoes. I thought this was cute. My bag is bigger than she is.



I finished my internship, so I have some time off before school starts again. I love that I'm going to have some substantial summer time with the family. There is a lot we are looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment